Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 2 - No Rain

Today is the first day it hasn't rained and well....see for yourself.


Son, it's real down here.

So we got up "early"...meaning wake up call at 7:30 but no one moved until 8:30...had bkfast at the hotel....and I went to bed thinking of coconut bakes...so of course..NO BAKES THIS MORNING! What the heck?? Almost rioted up in this piece...but alas, I found refuge in coconut mini-muffins....

We spent the morning on the beach but friends and locals recommended we hit up a place called Brown Sugar. It's walking distance to the hotel and offers a Bajan all you can eat buffet lunch....




On Mir's plate above....Fried flying fish, rice 'n peas, cajun codfish, bbq chicken, macaroni pie, and souse....now for those of you who don't know what souse is...it's cold pigs knuckle...I find it repulsive but Mir loves this stuff. Add on bread pudding, chocolate cake and banana bread for desert and we're still recovering from our meal.

It was a short walk back to the hotel but we decided to take a detour and walk along the beach...and in typical Justin & Mir fashion....got somewhat side tracked.

Son, it's all about the floppy hat.
A neon green floppy one at that.

But we took an accidental short cut and found ourselves back on the right path.

We got back, hit the jacuzzi and Mir has officially collapsed on the bed. She's down for the count so I guess I'll watch the opening games and try to get some sleep...tomorrow we plan on walking the other direction down the beach w/lunch at Chefette...it's a fast food Bajan spot that's not so fast food....so hopefully we can save some money and spend the day walking along the beach.