Monday, August 3, 2009

Hello,

My name is Isaiah and I love hugs and kisses....


Week 7....what can I say other than; we are absolutely, madly, insanely in love with our little boy.
Now, I realize my latests posts have been somewhat serious an not the usual random babble many of you have become accustomed to, so let's get right back on track and lighten the mood.

Sleep deprivation is a crazy thing.

1.) There is nothing on TV at 3am...Mir can give you a rundown of the nighly TV schedule for 3am, 4am and 5am...and I gotta tell you, not much on unless you want to want to buy car scratch repair products, Sham-Wow's, donate money to the Holy Ministries of Finance for God of No Name Church in Texas (at least they send you anointing oil and a prayer for every $100 check you send them) or as Mir has absolutely been sold on....Your Baby Can Read. Now, Mir hasn't met an infomercial she hasn't liked, but for some reason I feel like this package will be arriving in the mail any day now.

Ok, so let me break this down for those of you who haven't seen this yet...it's an infomercial for a learning system for babies...you get flash cards, books and a program that'll teach your INFANT how to read.....Basically, Rosetta Stone for kids. It shows them the word, shows them the object, repeats, uses it in a sentence and then repeats. I wonder if it comes in Russian, Swahili and Chinese....better to start Isaiah early. Triple threat baby!

2) Warning: Falling asleep on the train may get you arrested for assault.....son, I've headbutted at least 2 or 3 people on the train while knodding off. Late pamper changes, a kid who won't go back to sleep at 4am and a few late nights at work, combined with the oh so gentle rocking of the Q train at 7am in the morning.....

ZZZZZzzzzzzz

POW!

"Oh my God.....Miss, I am soooo sorry."
"Oh it's ok, don't worry"
"No, I just hit you hard....are you ok"
"Yes, I'm fine"

3 mins later.....

POW!!
"Holy crap"

3) Everyone wants a piece of the action. It's bad enough you're sleep deprived but EVERYBODY wants one of 2 things.......an opinion or time. Arg...ok, we get it...new parents but we have master's degrees...I'm sure if cave people figured out how to feed, bathe and clothe their child in the wilderness, I think we can figure it out. Or as my mentor tells me, "There's a lady on a mountain in Guatemala with no running water, no electricity, a dirt floor and a baby that is perfectly healthy." They tell me opinions are like butt cracks, everyone has one and they all stink.....Next up, time. We have none to do whatever it is that you need us to do....check please!


4) To be continued.