Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Viva la France!

On your mark! Get set!

By this time tomorrow, I hope to be boarding a plane for Paris. For those of you with short attention span and only read the header on my previous post, we're still very much in NYC (sadly).


We're scheduled to arrive at midnight Eastern Standard time on Thursday, or 7am Paris time. Mir plans on knocking out on the plane but I'll probably be wide awake right up until we begin our approach to land. You guys know I don't do well with sleep deprivation so it might be a rough 24 hours. I don't know what's going to happen when we go on the Amazing race! Yes, we want to be the first interracial couple on the Amazing Race...trust me, it'll be must see TV if only we could get out of the house on time (Mir). In true Casa De Reyes fashion, we'd probably be the first couple ever to be late for our departure time!

We plan on dropping the bags at the hotel and heading straight out for some sight seeing. Thank you all for your recommendations on places to go, things to do and places to eat......especially the places to eat. Although, I'm a little worried about the food options in Switzerland. One of my coworkers said that they like to eat baby horse in Switzerland...."Um, yea....I need an interpreter for this menu please."

Oh yea, and thanks Stephanie for recommending the most expensive jeweler in Zurich. Mir wants a diamond and opal ring now. You owe me big now!

Finally, we found out that our cell phones won't have reception in Europe and they're not compatible for a sim card. WOO HOO! But, I don't understand how it is that I paid $1,200 on 2 Treos for the two of us and we can't make international calls! If I pay $600 for a phone, I expect to be able to make calls from the friggin moon! A co-worker from the UK is lending me his phone, emergency use only!

If any of you guys need me, and its not work, NSHMBA, (see previous post for criteria), etc. related, just email me at my personal account and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. I will be checking emails and posting on this blog every night.


Things left to do:
  • Finish packing (Mir)
  • File taxes
  • Close out the month end reporting
  • Make sure El Jefe is covered
  • Work out the Junior Achievement Schedule
  • Send a few emails