39 1/2 weeks in the making - Isaiah Gabriel Reyes made his grand entrance into this world.
What can I say about the day....other than it was a complete blur.
In typical fashion, we set the alarm for 5am to be at the hospital for 6:30am....for a scheduled c-section at 8am.
"beep beep beep...click...zzzzzzz.....
HOLY CRAP BABE, IT'S 5:50AM AND WE NEED TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL!"
After a quick photo op, I sprinted to the car, packed up Mir and we were on our way by 6:15am.....
Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
Go Team Reyes!
It was a mad scramble...80 mph on the FDR and made it to the hospital an hour late (made the drive in about 20mins from BK to 98th st). The initial intake was kinda rocky. Let's just say, Mir hates hospitals and confined spaces. Put her in tiny hospital room, close the curtain, mention imminent surgery and you set the stage for a very volatile situation.
And when you're alone, there's a very good chance
you'll meet things that scare you right out of your pants.
There are some, down the road between hither and yon,
that can scare you so much you won't want to go on.
However, everyone from the intake nurses to the docotors were absolutely amazing. They put Mir ease, made her comfortable (aside from the whole IV thing) and I stuck by her side every step of the way.
When it came time, the docs plugged her ipod into the stereo in the operating room, I changed into my scrubs and we spent the entire time talking and kidding around. Nurses were dancing to the music, doctors kept us distracted and before we knew it....we had our little boy in our arms. The look in Mir's eye and the smile on her face when holding our boy for the first time was priceless....
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3 / 4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
9 out of 10 on his APGAR baby! My boy is already getting A's!
I keep telling people...this kid is advanced for his age.
I'll spare you guys the birth photos but here's the infamous Dr Silverstein swaddle. This kid was wrapped like a burrito.
Ok, here's where I lost my mind....Mir in post-op discomfort, our baby on another floor and the nurses telling me they would transfer the baby up after they verify that he can regulate his body temperature..... An hour later, I was on the 5th floor stalking the nurses. I wanted my baby and I wanted him NOW!
When they finally brought him up (I was already waiting outside of the nursery, face pressed against the glass), we didn't let him out of our sight the rest of our stay in the hospital.
4 days later....we packed him up into the car seat and took him home.....and haven't slept since.
So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby
or Brayor Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!
Oh the places you'll go!
Birth announcement by Noontime Designs.
B, you're my boy.