We're already thinking to go back next year with Lil J.....Mom has already volunteered to go on vacations with us as our "nanny" so why not?? Free day care!
Pack the bags, get out the bathing suits and snorkel gear, let's hit the beach in Bermuda! It's only a 2 hour flight! It takes that long to get to Orchard or Jones beach on a Saturday afternoon in the summer anyway. And Bermuda beaches aren't contaminated with medical waste or raw sewage like NJ beaches. I only wish we would have dicsovered this place sooner!
I have to play catch up now b/c I didn't take my laptop on vacation this time (sorry Daniella). But many of you have already seen the pictures on shutterfly.com so I figured I'd amuse you with highlights of our trip....in story book form. What can I say? I gotta start practicing for story time with Lil J.
Be warned, bed time for me when Papa tucked me in was...unique, to say the least. I was told stories like the time a dog attacked him in the street on his way to the bodega and he then reached into the dogs mouth, grabbed its tail and pulled it inside out. Try being 10 yrs old and having that kind of imagery in your head before you go to sleep! Or of pigeons eating stray dogs or mice eating cats....or Los Cuentos De Juan Bobo. It was only in my mid to late 20's that I actually picked up the book to read it for myself and didn't recognize any of the stories in it! Papa would open the book and just make up a story! I know, it explains a lot about me but more about the kind of man my grandfather was.
Our poor kid has no idea what kind of insanity he's in for with us as parents.
And so we begin our tale, in a land far far away.....
But blue skys were coming, or so we were told...
Afternoon cakes over tea that we shared,
Overlooking the ocean, go swimming I would....if I so dared.
And tucked into bed, wishing Mir a goodnight
Wind gusts and hail storms knocked out our light.
A mini monsoon battered our room!
We went exploring, in search of some fun,
Day three, the sky gave way to the sun
To Hamilton we went, adventure has begun
Cathedrals and churches, history uncovered
We walked until tired, over lunch we recovered
As I stood on the tee box, it blinded my eyes
My name is Barrington, the duck said unto me
My name is Justin, pleasure to meet thee
Dost thou know the rooster, Mr Tumnus his name
I do indeed, that chicken gots game....
To St George we were off, cannons we fired
Layed seige to a sandwich, and then we retired
To the stocks with the pirate, the croud yelled with glee
She plead for her life, and thus was forced to flee
Spoils in hand, we made off with our treasure
Back to New York, to our every dispeasure.
Mir with 'Lil J and her husband Justino