
We leave in just over a week for BERMUDA!
Our first (and hopefully not last) getaway for 2009....people keep telling us to travel and vacation while we can but I remember going to PR for vacation as a child....pack it up and keep it moving. Logistically yes, I understand that it is a little more difficult to do anything when you have kids but since when do Mir and I do anything the easy way? We find new and creative ways to make our lives more difficult every day! I'm just saying....as long as this kid has his shots, we're good to go. Besides, mom has pretty much volunteered herself to go anywhere/anytime for the opportunity to babysit. I've learned that much thus far....don't refuse help.
Which brings me to my next point....my OCD and this child.
Mir's good friend Des was so kind as to lend us a book on baby bargains which I've been studying diligently. No, not reading....studying. I had no idea this stuff was so complex, I feel like I'm studying for the CFA......safety ratings, prices and brands of car seats, strollers, cribs, mattresses, mattress covers, bedding, baby clothes, furniture, decor, carriers, the list goes on and on. I told Mir that I'm going to build a spreadsheet with a cost benefit analysis to use as a guide we build the registry. Her idea was to just bring the book with us but why sort through a book to look for pages when you have a handy pie chart in a powerpoint presentation? Can you tell I'm in Finance?? Babies and numbers so far...."no bueno" as Iz would put it.
On the baby front, both Mir and 'Lil J are doing well. We sat on the couch last night feeling this kid kick the crap out of her....he was very active when she got home last night. It feels like light tapping coming from the inside. So friggin cool!
We have a big doctor's appointment coming up this Tuesday (week 22).....our second anatomy scan. They'll compare this one to the last one to track the baby's growth and development. I've also signed up for a parenting class offered by CS in April. I'm the first to admit that I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm willing to suck it up and be the dumb one in class. I hope it's a remedial class...although not remedial as "when a daddy and a mommy love eachother very much" (which would be cool to sit through if you know what I'm saying). I'm having horrific mental imagery having to change a doll and looking like a compete tool. C'mon guys, you know me. You know that I can't take anything serious as it is but for me to have to change a pamper on a doll, how many of you would pay to see that?? I know I would. Just teach me how to not drop the kid and I think I'll make the rest up as I go along. Maybe if they have live babies, I'd be a lot more comfortable...then again.
Ok, back to work I go...counting the minutes until Bermuda. Why Bermuda? 2 hour flight, 5 golf courses, warm weather, pink sand beaches and it's Bermuda, of course! The decision was also much easier b/c Mir has some friends in Bermuda. She had an opportunity to get to know Ivan and Pastor Gary as an accompany hostess at BT and what a great group of people, so nice. Those of you who know me well, know that we only surround ourselves with positive people and energy. So, if you're a loon, chances are we ain't that cool. But I digress...if you scroll down you'll see our trip to Barbados which was amazing....PR was overpriced for this time of year...and we've already hit pretty much every island in the carribbean, or at least Mir has. Maybe late 2009 or early 2010 we can hit St. Thomas and St. John. It'll be baby's first beach adventure, so we have to make it count. If we try for vacation in September or October, Baby J will be about 3 months...old enough to travel!
Next update, belly pics and baby's new 3D ulstrasound.....