Friday, January 16, 2009

We're having a......



Today Mir had an appointment for a full anatomy scan of Baby Reyes and the results are in! Baby Reyes is HEALTHY AND NORMAL!

Checklist:
  • Heart and Heartbeat were normal
  • We had all our fingers and toes
  • Brain is developing normally
  • Legs and arms are fully developed
  • Everything else was where it was supposed to be

The scan took about 30-45 mins and we had a very nice Russian chick at the helm who flew through the scan. Bing bang boom....here's he head, let's hear the heartbeat, cross section of this, cross section of that and we're done!

We're almost at the halfway point and both Mir and baby are doing well. Now, if I can only get Mir to come home from work at a reasonable hour I'd be a lot happier. I'm thrilled to see that the baby is doing well but 12 hour days in the office cannot be healthy for either of them. And despite my pleas to slow down and start rolling off many of her responsibilities, the workdays just seem to be getting longer and longer. I'm really worried about the long term affects of work related stress and long hours will do to both of them.

Let's just say, maternity leave couldn't come soon enough!